Saturday 10 February 2018

Down A Crochet Rabbit Hole

During the autumn and Christmas season I knitted socks, finished Christmas presents and made myself a cardigan.  And then I decided to make a crocheted blanket using an Attic 24 design and I am well and truly hooked!  Hence my absence here and anywhere else on the interwebs :-)

What more could I want?  Crochet, Cat and a Christian Podcast ;-)

It hasn't all been crochet and we have also managed to remain fairly focused with the home school work, college commute and my online contract, which ends in March.  I do however have some possible  work involving my parish church, so fingers crossed it will all work out. 

Happy As A Clam







 This was a well deserved afternoon of scootering and digging in the sand on one cold and blustery day.  Pip reminds me so much of Sara in her love of the outdoors and I can see her being involved in some form of conservation/outward bound courses when she is older.

Theory Into Practice










 Ben had an opportunity a few weeks ago to show Anna and Pip how to make enrichment boxes for Lollipop and Nutmeg, two very adorable Angora rabbits.  As you can see from the last photo the rabbits thoroughly enjoyed working for their food.  It was most definitely a win-win situation ;-)

Ben is on a mid term break next week, so no commute for me, hip, hip hooray!  We will be home schooling for part of the week, interspersed with an afternoon with friends and a day with family.  

6 comments:

devonmama said...

Oh San, what adorable rabbits - a lovely idea to create an enrichment station! I imagine they loved it :) Your crochet looks to be coming along well - I would love to see it when it is complete. It is a lovely thing to be so involved in a task, and watching with joy as it unfolds. I hope you all enjoyed the fresh air! God bless you. Love, Carly xx

Sandra Ann said...

Yes those rabbits are super cute :-). I am passed the halfway mark so will do a ta-dah post when it is finished. The fresh air was much appreciated but I am glad to be indoors this evening the wind is positively howling :-). Love and God Bless to you xx

dorinalouise said...

I read on my weather app that you are having hail storms . . ? If so, I'm glad you are curled up cozy inside with such a nice project.

My mother used to enjoy crocheting. She made me a blanket as a teen that Korrina now has. Korrina goes back and forth easily between crocheting and knitting. I'm always impressed by this versatility as I mainly enjoy knitting (and my mom never liked knitting, only crochet!) She (Korrina) is currently working on a temperature blanket. Perhaps I can get her to send me some pics. I look forward to seeing your crochet project when it's done!

The bunnies are adorable, and the activity very clever! Enjoy Ben's break :)

Sandra Ann said...

Yes we have had hail storms and sleety snow. I would love to see Korrina's temperature blanket. The blanket keeps me warm whilst I am working :-)

Pip and Dave have both had a nasty cough virus. Needless to say the MS has been made temporarily worse but with herbs and vitamins Dave is making good progress.

It is good to be on a mid term break
Love to you all xx

dorinalouise said...

Hello San, It warmed my heart to read your Compassion, Empathy and Generosity post. The last quote, especially, resonated with me. A kind word, look or action can make all the difference to so many people, especially in this fast paced city. Is that Pip on your back? It's such a wonderful photo! I remember those baby carrying days very well! xoxoxo Thanks for your warm thoughts and words.

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Dorina for reading and for your encouraging words to me :-). Yes that is Pip on my back, seems like a life time ago! Xx