Tuesday 12 December 2017

DPP Day Eleven And Twelve

Day Eleven ~ Wrapping

 Dave took charge in organising some of the present wrapping.  Yesterday was a really weird day.  Benedict's cough virus took hold and he spent most of the day coughing and spluttering in bed.  Thankfully his blood sugars have remained reasonable and for that I am grateful.

I also had an emergency dental treatment.  I chipped a hole in a tooth as a result of inadvertently biting onto a date stone!  The dental surgery were great in fitting me in last minute, what was not great was the adrenaline in the injection.  I had forgotten to mention that I react really badly to adrenaline and so spent the rest of the day feeling quite unwell.  A note has now been placed on my file for future reference.

Day Twelve ~ The Cat In The Bath

 Poppy was pretty epic this morning!  We all totally love that cat ;-)


 

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Poppy is gorgeous! She looks like a cardboard cut-out :) xx

elli said...

Argh, dental woes are the worst, not to mention, bad reactions to meds! Praying all who are ailing recover soon! xox

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for the prayers we are on the mend :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for popping by, yes she does look like a cardboard cut out :-)

dorinalouise said...

I so love these photos! They are the best! I, also, have a difficult time with the epinephrine in the novacaine or whatever numbing agent they use. I visited the dentist about two weeks ago for a filling and my dentist was supposed to leave it out, but i still ended up with a racing heartbeat when I was walking home. I actually felt a quite panic-stricken and had to stop and sit down on a bench. If she actually did leave it out, then the palpitations came from the espresso I had in the morning combined with the painkiller . . I shouldn't have had that espresso! Sometimes being so sensitive is incredibly . . dull :P (The espresso was in a smoothie Chanda makes from Madeleine Shaw's cookbook . . can't remember which one . . but it has almond milk, dates, espresso and cinnamon . . so delicious!) I hope you and Benedict are soon shipshape! I send you both a big hug xoxo

Eva said...

I hope that Benedict will recover soon! We are having a nasty flu bug here, hence the mood is not the greatest. We have done basically zero Christmas preparations so far. Charlotte did bake some cookies today and yesterday. Does the cat like baths? Julius actually is a pretty good cat when we have to bathe him. I do have some cute cat pictures I have to put on my blog soon. You will be in for a very odd surprise. We still have not quite recovered from it ourselves. Those dates (and sour cherries) do have bad surprises sometimes. Something similar happened to my dad once, when biting onto a piece of chocolate. I think there was a piece of nut shell in the chocolate. He went to the dentist and sent the bill to the chocolate company. They paid the bill and sent him a big package of chocolate!