Thursday 31 August 2017

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Sometimes you just need inspiration and thanks to Kezzie sharing, I decided to join in with a long standing challenge over on this site:

 Relaxed:  This photo was taken just over eight years ago when Benedict was just a small boy and "Little Miss PJ" a baby.  I love this photo, it captures Dave's spirit beautifully and although MS has taken hold in parts of his central nervous system, it hasn't shaken his spirit. Behind that gentle smile is the indominitable spirit of a fighter :-)


Begins With An M:  Our grand-daughter Mary-Grace.  This sunny wee gal will be starting school next week, eep!  She finished her last day at nursery today.  Those four years have truly flown by.



 Time For ... Afternoon Tea and a trip down memory lane :-)  Sara and Tom will be celebrating three years of married life in just over a week.  Their wedding day was certainly memorable!  So another impromptu "do-over" a few days later, with the long overdue wedding cake was much appreciated!



 Tangerine ... Glow from the birthday candles on Dave's 45th birthday cake.  These two imps more often than not fight like "cat and dog" so this photo is a testimony that they used to get on :-)



 Begins with An O:  a bowl of hand dyed orange yarn.



 Whiskery:  Poppy in her favourite spot on Benedict's bed!



 Lace on a shawl for a dear friend.  We "met" via a group of online Catholic mums and this gal has supported me not only via this blog, but also email and Skype. 



 Bridge:  "Bye, Bye, Train."



Letters:  the mechanics of writing has never been easy for this chap and over the years we have had little to "show" for our home school efforts.  A diagnosis of developmental coordination delay ( dyspraxia, dyscalculia and dyslexia) has meant that working online is a far better option.  This photo reminds me of happy days when  work books littered the table :-)


One Of My Own:  one of the very first pictures from this blog.  It began way back in October 2009.  Benedict at the time began  insulin pump therapy for type one diabetes management.  As a result of the many difficulties during those first five months we began our home schooling journey.  The insulin pump has changed both colour and size as Ben has grown and developed.  As from Tuesday September 12th Benedict will be attending college part time and so we will be sharing his learning journey with Myerscough.  One chapter closes and another begins.

28 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the photos. Love that cake

Julie xxxxx

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous study of Mary-Grace. The yarn is fantastic and so I imagine was that cake...stunning!

Susan Smith said...

Great photos & love your take on the words, some of which I'd never have thought of. I can see your family plays a big part & so glad you can share it. I can mention mine, but no photos allowed. Your cat looks like my late Tabitha, so it's probably my favourite, though do like the one of you all blowing out the candles. Glad you joined in & take care.

Jak said...

Lovely pictures all with such meaning. The tangerine glow of the candles being blown out is my favourite but it was a difficult choice.

Threads through my life said...

I think Jak is reading my mind! However, whilst I thought the tangerine glow was excellent, my heart melted when I saw Poppy. We used to have a tabby cat that camped at our house many, many years ago until he moved away. I still miss him.

kjsutcliffe said...

Thank you for joining in, lovely to see your photos. Such a wonderful heartfelt selection, my favourite is 'bridge' brilliant angle of little face, iron work and train :) I also love 'lace' makes me think I should get back to knitting - not done much over the summer (what summer?!)

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for popping by ;-)

Sandra Ann said...

I often think the best photos are those moments where the person being photographed is unaware. I haven't dyed yarn in ages and feel prompted to have another go very soon.

Sandra Ann said...

It was lovely to take a trip down memory lane. Rifling through the photograph archive made me smile and reminded me to continue counting my blessings :-)

Sandra Ann said...

The candle blowing photo is also my favourite, with the top one coming a close second :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Poppy is a real sweetie and brings such a joy to the household, how on earth did we manage without her?!

Sandra Ann said...

i am so glad that I did join in and I have Kezzie to thank for that! Looking forward to popping by more often when time and circumstances allow. Either way I'll join in with the September challenge, where on earth has the year gone!

Rosie said...

Lovely family photos and the cake is winderful. Love Whiskery Poppy and the pretty Lace shawl:)

doodles n daydreams said...

I think your family photos are brilliant and have enjoyed the whole post. I don't think I could pick a favourite picture though.

Diana

Eva said...

So nice to see all these pictures! Pip is so cute. And Mary-Grace looks so big! So great to see my shawl here. I have to get it out soon, it has been getting colder! It will remind me of you and London :).

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Glad you liked the round up, I had fun scavenging for them :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Yes Pip used to be cute! Now it is like living with teenager, all those hormones!! It was lovely to take a trip down memory lane and I enjoyed joining in with a bit of fun. It is cold here today but at least we have blue skies and sunshine xx

dorinalouise said...

Hello San, this was a lot of fun to see. The photos are all so beautiful and meaningful :) I'm glad you have sunny skies, even though it's a little chilly. xoxo

simplenaturalhandmade said...

A lovely collection of happy memories and family times. That yarn looks a bit scrumptious!

shazza said...

Lots of lovely family photos. I especially love whiskery and Bye bye train for bridge.

Sandra Ann said...

The yarn looked very orange in the bowl but it dried to more of a peach colour :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Yes I think the "Bye, bye train" is a sweet photo :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Guess what it is back to raining again today! I had fun looking through the old photos to match the prompts in the challenge x

elli said...

College?! My how time has flown! Is this secondary school level?

dorinalouise said...

Yes, and good luck to Jonathan with his college work! That's really wonderful. xoxo

Sandra Ann said...

Yes it is. The college runs a 14-16 years programme amounting to two days a week. It will be a culture shock for us all! It is a forty minute drive and so we will need to be leaving the house no later than 8:20. We will be car schooling with Pip but I am hoping at some point we can apply for funding for transport. Having someone else take him and bring him home would be a great help :-)

Eva said...

Ha, ha! I had to laugh here! I am pretty sure you meant Benjamin here, right??